It’s so funny when you go back to old posts and read the intro…and it says “I just redid my photo, this one looks pretty good!”. Now, 2 years later…wow! Really? That photo was disgusting lol. So here we are yet again with a photo redo! Plus, for whatever reason, the link no longer works on Pinterest so I decided to just make this a new blog post all together. Updated recipe, new photo, new link…awesome.
Anyway, how are you with chicken breast? My husband is sick of it. Actually, my husband and my kids prefer dark meat chicken over the breast meat. When I make chicken like this, they all love it, and no complaints! When you stuff your chicken…with anything really…you end up with a delicious end result and it isn’t dry at all. I’m excited to grill chicken like this. We are in the process of moving so I can’t grill right now…but I hope next month I will have more summer-friendly recipes!
Prosciutto Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 slices of Prosciutto
- 1/4 cup Romano Cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- 4 whole Artichoke Hearts
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Thyme, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 8 oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 additional Artichoke Hearts, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Butter (I prefer Kerry Gold)
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- salt and pepper
- Heat a large shallow pan on medium heat, and drizzle a little olive oil.
- Use a meat mallet to pound your chicken flat, just enough so you can roll it. Note: If you place a piece of plastic wrap over your chicken, then use the mallet, it makes things a lot less messy.
- Season the inside of the chicken with 1/2 of your seasonings, 1/4 of your cheese mixture, 1 piece of Prosciutto and 1 artichoke heart sliced in half. Repeat this for all of your chicken.
- Secure the chicken together with a toothpick, and place seam side down, then season the tops wit the other 1/2 of your seasoning.
- Add the chicken, seam side down, to the pan and cook until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and cook another 3 minutes.
- Flip the chicken so its seam side down again, then add in your butter, wine, mushrooms and chopped artichokes. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and spoon the mushroom artichoke sauce over the top.
- It is great served with roasted asparagus!
- This is a low carb or primal recipe..not strict Paleo.
- For the Paleo option, please remove the cheese from the recipe, and sub wine for chicken stock.
- As always, whether low carb, primal, paleo or otherwise…you always want a good quality free range chicken, grass fed butter, and all your ingredients should be as natural and organic as possible.